Bronze Ambassador Training
The Year 5s had training to become Sports Leaders. We were very luck, as Mr Cox came into LMPS to train us. We got lots of ideas and they are excited to start them at Lytchett Matravers Primary School.
Welcome to the 2019-2020 Bronze Ambassador Team
Welcome to the Bronze Ambassadors for the year. They are a mixture of Year 5 and 6 children who have been trained to support the development of PE within the school. They are really excited to share their visions across the school. As Bronze Ambassadors, they feel it is their duty to share their love for sports and ﬁtness through encouraging others, supporting all children in all sports and helping the children and staff to run excellent sporting events.
The children feel it is important to be a role model to others by not only striving for their best in sport but also across the whole curriculum. With this the children are exemplar with their behaviour, attitudes to learning and to each other!
What are Young Sports Ambassadors?
Bronze Ambassadors are the most outstanding sports leaders in schools. They can be selected due to their sporting talent, but more importantly, due to their exceptional commitment and determination as young leaders or volunteers.
The Bronze Ambassador programme seeks to develop young leaders and volunteers by giving them the responsibility of being an ambassador for PE and school sport. Bronze Sports Ambassadors are carefully selected to show the right qualities. Their role is very important throughout the school as they are trusted to undertake a range of key jobs during the year.
Qualities needed …
Leader Communicator Motivator Supporter
Skills required …
- Approachable and have positive relationship with all children
- A role model to others and a good attitude towards learning and playing sports
- A good team member
- Able to engage and inspire others
- Organised and a good timekeeper
Ambassadors do the following, and much, much more …
- Promote the school sports
- Run lunchtime activities
- Help run and organise competitions
- Help at Sports Days and other events like Sport Relief
- Attend training provided by the Barnet Sports Partnership
A Young Ambassador’s role is to:
- Increase participation and healthy lifestyles in schools
- Promote the school AIM Values
- Be an advocate for sporting
- Provide a young person’s voice on PE and school sport in school