Art & Design
At Lytchett Matravers Primary School children are taught a wide range of artistic skills and knowledge in order for them to experiment, invent and create their own pieces of art based on a variety of artists in the four different areas:
DRAWING PAINTING PRINTING SCULPTURE
They are also taught how art and design has shaped our history and contribute to culture, creativity and wealth of our nation.
Pupils in EYFS are taught;
- To safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function.
- To represent their own ideas, thoughts and feelings through art.
Pupils in Key Stage 1 are taught;
- To use drawing to develop and share ideas, experiences and imagination.
- To develop a wide range of art and design techniques in pattern, line, shape, form and space.
- To use sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination.
- To use painting to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination.
- To develop a wide range of art and design techniques in colour.
Pupils in Key Stage 2 are taught;
- To create sketchbooks to record observations and use them to review and revisit ideas.
- To improve mastery of art and design techniques. Including drawing with a range of materials.
- To improve their mastery of art and design techniques including sculpture.
- To improve their mastery of art and design techniques including painting.
You can download our Curriculum Map by clicking on the document below. This document clearly outlines the knowledge and skills for Art & Design in every year group, for each area.